<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 19, 2009

25 Things You May or May Not Know About Me 

1. I speak Hebrew
2. I used to write songs. A lot. Good ones. I don't anymore.
3. I used to play bass. In a punky/rock and roll riot grrl/spinal tap kind of band. I don't anymore.
4. I lived in Israel for most of 9th grade and loved it so much I went back for 10th grade even though it meant living away from my Mom (and my Dad had just recently died).
5. I traveled around Europe on my own on my way back from Israel after 10th grade.
6. I was made aware of the plight of the Palestininans in 11th grade by a street person in Harvard Square who would steal books from the Coop and give them to me to read.
7. I went back to the middle east in college once to live on a Kibbutz and then on a peace study tour all over the middle east (including Syria) with the Resource Center for Nonviolence.
8. I went on to write a thesis about the one-sided way the U.S. media covers the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
9. I obsessively treat all the stains on my clothes and my sons clothes even though they are mostly worn out hand me downs and some even have holes in them.
10. I've made some faux pas on Friendfeed by sticking my nose in drama unnecessarily.
11. My mom hung out with Allen Ginsberg and I got to meet him through her.
12. I met a lot of very cool digerati types when I worked at Interval Research.
13. I lived in my VW van for about a year sometime in college.
14. I have consulted mediums and kind of believed some of them.
15. The spiritual teacher I trust and respect and revere the most is not incarnate at this time.
16. I was a vegetarian from age 14 - 21.
17. I studied to be a yoga teacher in L.A. with two of the best teachers - Ana Forest and Erich Schifmann.
18. I never taught yoga.
19. I rarely practice yoga anymore.
20. I buy $3 and $4 wine from Trader Joe's all the time and I think it is better than almost any wine out there.
21. I've been a writer since 4th grade and I wrote some good stuff then.
22. I don't write enough anymore.
23. This list is really depressing me because I don't do all the cool stuff I used to do.
24. I don't listen to music that often anymore.
25. I adore my son and being with him makes me amazingly happy every day.
Comments:
Laura - this list should be a wake-up call to make the time to do the cool stuff you used to do. Though I think you're pretty cool as you are. Just saying. ;) Thanks for sharing.
 
Hey Laura I did not know about your travels that is really amazing so worldly do young. That must be why you are so wise.
I miss the Blood Sisters very much
perhaps we could coax a reunion but maybe thats not up to you I guess. Of all the things you should write more songs I thought many of them were awesome I still catch myself singing "Dan Blocker"
I don't know if you wrote "big dicks and no Brains" but that tune is hall of fame worthy. And needless to say Fake Booby Judy has gotten praise for "I really Hate Myself" I totally believe in the spirit world as it has certainly shown itself to me on occasion. I miss you wade and Ole Jeffy
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?